Combat information for Dauntless is located on this page.
- Dauntless will feature a stamina bar mechanic that governs powerful offensive actions like charges and combos. It's also used for abilities like dodging and sprinting. This system is similar to those found in Monster Hunter and Dark Souls and can leave you exposed to an enemy attack or unable to land a blow on an opening if poorly managed. Players will be able to make creative use of these offensive and defensive tactics in concert like canceling out of a charge to dodge.
- Behemoths are no mindless beasts, so don't be surprised if one suddenly turns any advantage you find on its head. Fight a behemoth for any length of time and it's sure to become enraged. When that happens, all bets are off. You'll need to avoid faster attacks, more powerful hits, and deadly bursts of raw aetheric energy until the rage subsides. To add to the challenge, enraged behemoths can draw upon the latent aether of the Shattered Isles to charge their own attacks, unlocking powerful new abilities. Stay on your toes and seek your opening to unleash deadly strikes at the first opportunity.
- Slayers use a different fighting style and unique combo attacks depending on the weapon they choose, whether that's a powerful axe, a lightning-fast sword blade, a brutal hammer, or anything else the weaponsmith can create. Each has its use, though no one variety of weapon can guarantee your survival.
- When mastered, combos deal massive damage to your target. Practice the timing of every combo, not just the simple ones, to become a masterful slayer. Join a hunting party of slayers armed with diverse weapons to ensure total tactical coverage against behemoths.
Targeting Enemy Parts
- Targeting the specific anatomical areas of a behemoth will expose weak points and alter the beast's attack patterns. Sever a tail, fracture a horn, or break some bones, and you might disable some of a behemoth's attacks. Once victorious, you can take trophies from defeated behemoths that will be the envy of every slayer – and potentially provide special rare crafting materials.
- Your axe swings can be charged with aether. The longer you channel your power, the stronger the attack. Build up enough power to unleash a deadly focused strike.
- Cap off crushing hammer combos with a devastating blast from the bludgeoning weapon's built-in canon.
- Build up energy with every strike of your sword and then unleash that power in rapid-fire combos.
- Add the specific elemental aspects of aether to your attacks. Melt armour with blaze aether, turn your prey's heart to ice with the power of aetheric frost, and send elemental shock damage rippling through every part of a behemoth. And there are reports of previously unknown aspects of aether being harnessed by strange behemoths beyond the Far Reaches…
Behemoths can cause a variety of Debuffs if they land certain attacks.
- Burning - Causes a damage overtime debuff to be applied to the Slayer. Rolling will reduce the duration of the dot.
- Frozen - Stuns the slayer and prevents them from moving. The slayer can be freed by another hunter attacking them.
- Bleeding - Causes damage when Sprinting and dodging. Can be removed by using a healing potion.
- Electified - Unable to use any healing potions, revive other slayers or use the healing pools.